The evening version of our Green World Day Hike, this Naturalist guided adventure will explore the majesty of the Castle Creek valley at sunset. Experience the bustling activity of early evening followed by dinner at Pine Creek Cookhouse while the alpenglow lights up the valley. A must-do Aspen activity!
- Offered daily by reservation (May – September, dependent on Cookhouse opening and closing dates)
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including dinner)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 5PM
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $110 includes hike, lunch, tax, and tip (If ordering a la carte pay separately at the restaurant and the tour is $50)
- Reservations required: Please call Emily Chase at 925-5756 x108.
- Two-person minimum.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations. If you call after 5pm your call will be returned by 9am the next business day.
- Tours led by a certified interpretive Naturalist and take place on gentle terrain at a leisurely pace.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).