ACES Educator-in-Training Volunteer
Are you a high school student interested in the field of environmental education? Would you like to develop your outdoor leadership skills? Paired with an ACES educator, E-I-T volunteers assist with daily management of program responsibilities and activities, including hiking, arts and crafts, science investigations and more. Each week will offer a different experience. ACES E-I-T volunteers receive official acknowledgement of their volunteer hours at the end of their service.
- Must be in High School or College and at least 14 years of age (entering 9th grade) as of June 1, 2020.
- Required to volunteer for at least one full week, Monday-Friday, 9AM - 4PM (multiple weeks available).
- Must bring your own snack and lunch, and pack for adventure: cellphone, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, water, closed-toed shoes, extra layers, and rain jacket.
- Must assist ACES Educators with daily management of class with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be reliable, comfortable with being outside for up to 6 hours a day, and a confident hiker.
- Must read and understand general program policies and procedures before their scheduled week to volunteer.
Topics:Art, Wildlife, Science, Hiking and Food
Weekly, June 15-August 14 2020