ACES Summer Educator-in-Training Volunteer
ACES E-I-T program offers the volunteer opportunity to individuals ages 14 through 18 to assist ACES educators in teaching our week-long summer programs, developing their experience working with children, and outdoor leadership skills. Throughout the summer, ACES E-I-T volunteers will be paired with an ACES educator. ACES E-I-T volunteers will assist ACES Educators with daily management of program responsibilities and activities, ranging from hiking to arts and crafts to science experiments and more. Each week is different and will provide diverse experiences for the volunteer. This opportunity is perfect for teens who are looking for volunteering in a fun and educational setting with children, especially those who may have "graduated" from ACES programs or are interested in the field of environmental education. ACES E-I-T volunteers will receive official acknowledgement of their volunteer hours at the end of their service.
- Must be at least 14 years of age as of June 10, 2019, and younger than 19 years of age.
- Required to volunteer for at least one full week, Monday-Friday, 9AM - 4PM (multiple weeks available).
- Must bring your own snack and lunch, and pack for adventure: cellphone, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, water, closed-toed shoes, extra layers, and rain jacket.
- Must assist ACES Educators with daily management of class with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be reliable, comfortable with being outside for up to 6 hours a day, and a confident hiker.
- Must attend a training session (selected dates TBD) regarding general program policies and procedures, and introduction to leadership skills before their scheduled week to volunteer.
- Fill out our application or download a paper copy and return to Phebe Meyers, ACES Naturalist Field School Manager at [email protected]