Green World Day Hike
ACES is currently scheduled to begin tours on June 10, 2021. Stay tuned for any updates based on federal, state, and local public health orders.
Join a Naturalist guide to explore the historic silver mining ghost town of Ashcroft and wander up along Castle Creek encountering spectacular wildflower meadows and mountain vistas. This must-do Aspen activity includes a gourmet lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Offered daily by reservation (June – September, dependent on Pine Creek Cookhouse opening and closing dates)
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including lunch)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 10:00 or 10:30am, Tour concludes at 2:00 or 2:30pm.
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $100 includes hike and prix fixe lunch (If ordering a la carte pay separately at the restaurant and the tour is $60)
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled)
- Reservations required: please fill out our simple form. If you have questions, call 970.925.5756
- A nonrefundable 20% reservation fee is due upon booking
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).