Green World Day Hike
Join a Naturalist guide to explore the historic silver mining ghost town of Ashcroft and wander up along Castle Creek encountering spectacular wildflower meadows and mountain vistas. This must-do Aspen activity includes a gourmet lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Offered daily by reservation (May – September, dependent on Pine Creek Cookhouse opening and closing dates)
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including lunch)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 10:30am
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $100 includes hike, lunch, tax, and tip (If ordering a la carte pay separately at the restaurant and the tour is $60)
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled).
- Reservations required: please fill out our simple form. If you have questions, call Grayson Bauer at 970.925.5756.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations. If you call after 5pm, your call will be returned by 9am the following business day.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of scheduled tour may be charged 50% of the tour cost. Cancellations made 24-hours prior to or day-of scheduled tour may be charged the full amount of the tour cost.
- Tours led by a certified interpretive Naturalist.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).