Maroon Bells Crater Lake Hike
ACES is currently scheduled to begin tours on Saturday, June 13, 2020. Stay tuned for any updates based on federal, state, and local public health orders.
Maroon Bells Crater Lake Hike offered daily at 10:15am and 1:15pm beginning on Saturday, June 13.
This classic Aspen hike from Maroon Lake to Crater Lake winds through beautiful aspen groves and alpine landscapes. On this guided tour ACES Naturalists will share local ecology, natural history, and more as we make our way to Crater Lake, right at the base of the towering 14,000 foot peaks of the iconic Maroon Bells.
- Meet outside of the Maroon Bells Information Center near the bus drop off
- 2 hour one-way tour, 1.8 miles
- Trailhead elevation 9,580ft, high point 10,080 ft
- Moderate/strenuous hiking
- 9 person tour maximum, first come first served
- No reservations
Offered for free in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service.
Daily at 10:15am and 1:15pm