A must-do Aspen experience! Explore winter in Aspen on this half-day snowshoe tour in the beautiful and pristine Castle Creek Valley. Your Naturalist guide will share expertise on animal tracking, valley geology, avalanches, bird-life, winter habitats, and sub-alpine ecology. You will explore the historic Ashcroft ghost town and walk through serene spruce and fir forests and open meadows on your way to a gourmet lunch at the spectacular Pine Creek Cookhouse. Following lunch, you'll meander through peaceful aspen groves on your return to the King Cabin.
- Offered every day that PCCH is open at 10:30AM. Meet at the King Cabin at Ashcroft Ski Touring Center, located 11 miles up Castle Creek Road from the round-about.
- Price* includes: 4-hour guided tour, snowshoe rental and basic instruction, Ashcroft trail pass, and lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse (prix fixe menu, tax and tip included).
- Tour price* with a-la-carte lunch option is available (you may order off the full Pine Creek Cookhouse lunch menu).
- 3.5 miles round trip, tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Shuttle service available leaving from the Wheeler Opera House at 10AM. $50/person round-trip. Reserve separetly with SnowLimo. Two-person minimum.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Two-person minimum required to run the tour.
Reservations are required: call ACES at 970.925.5756 during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM) to book. After hours please dial 0 and leave a detailed message - we will confirm your reservation by 9AM the next business day. 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations.
*Prices TBD by November 15, 2016
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).
Ages: All Ages
12/12/2016 - 3/31/2017
Ashcroft, Castle Creek Valley