Explore spruce and fir forests along a babbling creek in the Snowmass Ski Area on this two-hour guided snowshoe tour with a Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES). Learn about Rocky Mountain winter ecology, animals, and more as you discover the area and enjoy the silence of a snow-covered forest. Click here to watch a video clip, produced by Aspen 82, about our snowshoe tours. Click here to read a blog post about our Snowmass tour from Brave Ski Mom.
- Every day at 10AM and 1PM. Meet guide at the top of Elk Camp Gondola.
- Purchase tickets at any lift ticket office. Please allow 30 minutes before the tour for ticket purchase and gondola ride.
- Prices: $61 Adults, $41 Youth (7-17 years) and Seniors (over 65 years).
- If you have your own lift ticket tour prices are: $39 Adults, $30 Youth & Senior
- Tour price includes snack and warm drink, gondola ride, snowshoes, knowledgeable guide, and basic snowshoeing instruction.
- Approximately 1.5 miles round trip. Tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Ages 7 and up.
- No reservations.
- Call ACES during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM) with any questions.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Aspen Skiing Company, and the White River National Forest (USFS).
ACES members at the $500+ level receive a free Aspen Mountain or Snowmass snowshoe walk for two. To set up your complimentary tour, please contact Christy Mahon, Development Director at 970-925-5756 or email@example.com.
Ages: 7 and older
12/12/2016 - 4/14/2017
10AM & 1PM
Elk Camp Meadows, Snowmass Ski Area