Looking for a peaceful and pastoral setting in which to have your event? Consider ACES at Rock Bottom Ranch when making your choice. Located halfway between Basalt and Carbondale, our facilities have a charming ranch feel, set amidst wildlands and braided river channels. The Ranch is a site of serene beauty with stunning sunsets, weeping willow trees, great blue herons passing overhead, and the calls of goats and chickens in the barnyard. Truly a location of green living, we practice sustainable agriculture, teach environmental education, and demonstrate that grazing pastures and wildlands can coexist harmoniously. We are pleased to open the Ranch to special events that support our mission of sustainability and stewardship of the land.
Rock Bottom Ranch has ample room for weddings with accommodating spaces both indoors and outdoors. Guests can enjoy 113-acres of beautiful scenery and wildlife, as well as explore our indoor nature center. An ACES staff member is available during the event to present a farm program to guests of all ages. Standard rental includes staff assistance for the duration of the rental and use of the Field Study Center, pole barn, lawns, picnic areas, parking lot and an educational program or farm tour. The parking lot is available for up to 30 cars. We require carpooling or shuttles to the event beyond 30 cars. We also recommend rental of portable bathroom facilities for parties greater than 100 people. Parking at the Field Studies Center is reserved for handicapped persons and supply drop-off only. We have abundant bike parking next to the farmyard, conveniently located adjacent to the Rio Grande Trail.
Please contact Chris Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.927.6760 to make a reservation.
Your rental includes:
- Use of Field Studies Center, Covered Pole Barn with lights and limited grounds
- Pole Barn (80' x 35' open air structure)
- 2 Restrooms
- Internet Access
Please feel free to visit the Ranch to view the facilities, or call ahead if you wish to have a guided tour of the site.
Take a look at photos and editorial from previous Rock Bottom Ranch weddings at the following links: Blue Sky Wedding Photography (2015) , Rocky Mountain Bride (2015 wedding, 2016 article). For more photos of the Rock Bottom Ranch venue visit ACES Flickr page.
Pricing and Requirements: Rental of ACES Rock Bottom Ranch property is only available to current ACES members at the Cuthroat Trout ($100) level or higher;
For pricing, call Chris Cohen at 970.927.6760
- Certificate of Liability Insurance must be provided to ACES.
- Caterer must provide a Certificate of Host Liquor Liability if alcohol is served.
- Facility Rental Contract and deposit must be provided to reserve an event date.
- Parking is limited to 25 cars; Carpooling or Shuttles required.
Payment and Cancellation policy:
- Deposit: 50% due to reserve date and time.
- Remaining 50% due 60 days prior to event date
- Full refund less $250 administration fee will be granted for cancellations 61 days or more in advance of the event date. There will be no refund for cancellations 60 days or less in advance of the event date.
- Events must maintain a reasonable noise level. ACES staff must give pre-approval for amplified music.
- Events must end by 9pm and clean up must be completed by 10pm. If site is not clean, a cleaning fee will be charged.
- Set up may be done the day prior to the event but must not impact ACES programming or visitor
experience. Set up must be coordinated with ACES staff 30 days prior to event.
- During normal hours of operation, members of the public are allowed on grounds, but are encouraged
to respect the privacy of events. Hours of operation 9am–5pm, Monday-Saturday.
- 150 people maximum for rentals in Pole Barn
- Events exceeding 100 people are required to rent portable restroom facilities.
Items NOT permitted at Rock Bottom Ranch:
- Tents on the Nature Preserve (Event Tents need to be approved by ACES Staff)
- Single-use silverware, dishware, cups and bottled water
*Non-Profits, visit our Meeting and Presentations rental page.