Our Wild Perspectives speaker series, launched in January 2020, features exciting accounts of world travel, adventure, and the natural world through stories and visual media in partnership with The Collective and the Town of Snowmass.
From January through March, this speaker series takes place every Tuesday evening at 6PM at The Collective, providing an opportunity for community-building and story-telling that engages Aspen and Snowmass locals and visitors alike. This year, we will be following COVID-19 guidelines, and will also be livestreaming the stories.
Wild Perspectives will begin in February 2021
Looking back: Wild Perspectives 2020 Schedule
- January 7 | History of Skiing in Snowmass | Rich Burkley
- January 14 | A Brazilian Wildlife Safari: The Pantanal and Elsewhere | Mark Fuller
- January 21 | The Unknown Path: Exploring the Birth of North American Ski Mountaineering | Art Burrows
- January 28 | Forest of Snowmass: A Virtual Tour | Adam McCurdy
- February 4 | Navigating a Love of the Land: Weaving Together Creativity, Cartography, and Activism in the Roaring Fork Valley | Sarah Uhl
- February 11 | Un-bordered: Baja California by Bicycle | Sarah Tory
- February 18 | Hut Week: A Personal and Institutional Journey | Greg Shaffran
- March 3 | Mapping Mountain Snowpacks | Dr. Jeff Deems
- March 10 | Saving All the Pieces: Taking Action to Save Imperiled Wildlife | Tom Cardamone