A must-do Aspen experience! Explore winter in Aspen on this half-day snowshoe tour in the beautiful and pristine Castle Creek Valley. Your Naturalist guide will share expertise on animal tracking, valley geology, avalanches, bird-life, winter habitats, and understanding sub-alpine ecology. Explore the historic Ashcroft ghost town, then walk through serene spruce and fir forests and open meadows on your way to gourmet lunch at the spectacular Pine Creek Cookhouse. Following lunch you'll meander through peaceful aspen groves on your return to the King Yurt. Tour takes place on varied terrain at a leisurely pace.
- Everyday at 10:30AM. Meet at the King Yurt at Ashcroft Ski Touring Center, located 11 miles up Castle Creek Road from the round-about.
- $110/person includes a 4-hour guided tour, snowshoe rental and basic instruction, Ashcroft trail pass, and a gourmet lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse (tax and tip included)
- $70/person tour price with a-la-carte lunch option is available (you may order off the full Pine Creek Cookhouse lunch menu)
- Shuttle service available leaving from the Wheeler Opera House at 10AM for $40 per person round-trip. Reserve when booking tour. Two-person minimum.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended
- Two-person minimum required to run the tour.
Reservations are required: call ACES at 970-925-5756 during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM) to book. After hours please dial 0 and leave a detailed message - we will confirm your reservation by 9AM the next business day. 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations.
Ages: All Ages
12/16/2014 - 3/31/2015