Explore Aspen on this half-day snowshoe tour in the beautiful and pristine Castle Creek Valley. Your naturalist guide will share expertise on animals tracking, observing birds, and understanding sub-alpine ecology. Explore the historic ghost town of Ashcroft, then walk through serene spruce and fir forests, open meadows, and peaceful aspen groves on your way to lunch at the spectacular Pine Creek Cookhouse. Tours include unparalleled views, a gourmet lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse, snowshoe rental, and Ashcroft trail pass. Ashcroft Tours are offered seven days a week at 10:30am in partnership with Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse and the United States Forest Service.
- Everyday at 10:30am
- $110/person includes a 4-hour guided tour, snowshoe rental, Ashcroft trail pass, and a gourmet lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse (tax and tip included)
- $70 tour with a-la-carte lunch option is available (you may order off the full Pine Creek Cookhouse lunch menu)
- Meet at the King Yurt at Ashcroft Ski Touring Center located 11 miles up Castle Creek Road from the round-about.
- A shuttle leaves from the Wheeler Opera House daily at 10am with a $40 per person round-trip, two-person minimum.
- Tours take place on varied terrain at a leisurely pace
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended
- 2 participant minimum required to run the tour
- Call ACES Mon-Fri, 9am-4:30pm with any questions
Reservations are necessary - call 970-925-5756 (please dial 0 after hours and leave a message - we will return your call promptly) or request a tour by clicking on the RSVP button below. Requests with less than 24 hour notice, phone calls only.
Ages: All Ages
12/16/2013 - 3/31/2014