This hike has it all: join a Naturalist guide to explore the historic silver mining ghost town of Ashcroft and wander up along Castle Creek encountering spectacular wildflower meadows and mountain vistas. This must-do Aspen activity includes a gourmet lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Offered daily by reservation (May – September, dependent on Cookhouse opening and closing dates)
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including lunch)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 10:30am
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $90 includes hike, lunch, tax, and tip (If ordering a la carte pay separately at the restaurant and the tour is $50)
- Reservations required: Please call Jim Kravitz at 925-5756 x103.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations. If you call after 5pm your call will be returned by 9am the next business day.
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled).
- Tours led by a certified interpretive Naturalist and take place on gentle terrain at a leisurely pace.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).